Monday, July 19, 2010

Monday Madness & a Patchwork Quilt

Monday already? What an awesomely blessed weekend. Thank you Jesus - - you always know exactly what I need.

Today I've been busy with "projects." First on the list, addressing wedding invitations. I've done this in the past for other people's weddings (and got paid for it), but it sure does feel different addressing them for my own daughter's wedding.

I'm excited to share my next project with you. It's my animal print patchwork quilt. I've been sewing since I was about 9 years old, but quilting is something new for me.

I decided to purchase a package of squares already matched and ready to go from the local quilting store, with very easy to follow instructions (since this is my first quilt.) My husband helped me pick it out. I still had to do all of the cutting for the appropriate sizes, but it was an excellent experience.

Here is my "almost finished" product. I machine pieced all of it together. Don't look too closely for my mistakes. (My husband said that makes it look more homemade, instead of made in China. LOL)


Here is a little closer view. I love these prints.


I chose a rust colored backing fabric. It seemed to bring out the colors on the front better than any other color.



I am machine quilting this, and chose the stitch below. I hope it all turns out okay. I may have to put some straight quilting stitched across the squares as well.

This is what it will look like on the top.


Here is what is will look for on the bottom.



So.. I have to finish all of the quilting. I will post a photo when I have the finished product.

Have an amazingly blessed evening my friends!

Mamahugs for you all!!!

7 comments:

  1. You are doing a beautiful job my friend. I've only made a few quilts and they have all been pretty basic. I wish I had time to do more.

    And I had to laugh when about what you said about addressing your own invitations because it sure does add up doesn't it?

    Have a blessed day.
    Kim

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lisa, your quilt is great! I love sewing, and have been doing so most of my life too. I've made a few quitls, its fun, but time consuming, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have always loved quilts (who doesn't?). You have done an amazing job.

    Enjoy blogging... I made way over from Kathy C's blog...

    God bless you!

    Amanda
    www.amandassecretgarden.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stopping by from Kathy's blog to say hi. Great quilt. you are very talented.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stopped by from Kathy's blog. I am now following you!! Yay!!

    How exciting that you are making a quilt!! That is something I have always wanted to do and never tried!! You are definitely inspiring me!!

    Come by mine sometime if you get a chance!!

    Love and Blessings
    Angel
    allthemus.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Coming over from Kathy's and wanted to say hi :)

    Your quilt is beautiful! My stepmom makes them and they are just gorgeous! Made with LOVE for sure!

    Look forward to knowing you more

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for the love everyone! It's good to have such awesome support. I'm a newbie... so if my blog gets out of whack, well... be gentle on me! LOL

    Mamahugs!

    ReplyDelete